Premium Golden Circle Tour
Iceland Intro‘s professional guides have extensive experience of the region. They will share not only the must see sites but local knowledge, great stories and personal recommendations.
Travel with Iceland Intro will make your experience unforgettable and feeling like a local during the tour.
The Golden Circle includes the greatest tourist attractions in Iceland, covering about 300 km looping from Reykjavík into central Iceland and back.
- Thingvellir: This pivotal landmark connects all the major events in the founding of the Icelandic commonwealth. It’s also considered the best place on earth to view the North Atlantic divergent ridge.
- Friðheimar horse farm visit: You will visit the stable where you can get a presentation about the horse. The Icelandic horse is known for its diversity of gaits, coat colors, strength, health, and good spirit. Enjoy a cup of tea/coffee while seeing the horse show and be mesmerized by the gaits.
- Geysir: The namesake of the English “geyser”, is actually dormant these days. But its little brother Strokkur remains active and erupts every 3-4min with spouts as high as 20 meters.
- Gullfoss: It’s easy to see why this was deemed the most beautiful of Iceland’s 30.000 waterfalls.
- Kerið: Kerið is a striking crater-lake filled with milky blue-green water amid stark black and deep red slopes. Geologists now believe it to be a collapsed magma chamber at the end of a volcanic eruption that occurred more than 6,000 years ago
- Of course we are always prepared for an extra stop or photo ops along the way. And if we’re lucky, we’ll get to pull over to feed any Icelandic horses at the side of the road.