This tour departs from Reykjavik, and the pick-up can be arranged from your hotel or designated bus stop. We will drive directly to Silfra in Thingvellir National Park, about 45 minutes from Reykjavik.
Experience Silfra’s pristine, crystal-clear water while you dive between the Eurasian and American continental plates. Upon arrival at Thingvellir National Park, your guide will introduce you to the unique geological and cultural history of Silfra before giving you a detailed briefing of the dive site. Your guide will assist you in your dry suit and setting up the dive equipment. We will explore the four main parts of Silfra, the big crack, Silfra Hall, Silfra Cathedral, and the Silfra Lagoon.
We will do a single-dive tour that will take about 3 hours, of which 30-40 minutes are spent in the water.
After the dive, we will warm up with hot chocolate and biscuits.
– Be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
– Have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the Silfra tour date OR have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the Silfra tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives
– Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Diving Silfra Medical Statement
– Have our Diving Medical Statement signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older
– Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
– Be between 150cm and 200cm in height
– Be between 45kg and 120kg in weight
– Fit within our dry suit size chart
– Be at least 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
– Be physically fit
– Be ready to wear a sometimes tight and constricting dry suit
– Be able to communicate in English
– Not be pregnant
Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Diving Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found on the second page of the Medical Statement document. Please read the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement prior to booking to make sure that you are eligible for the tour. Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour.
Your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent)
Proof of dry suit certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
If you wear glasses, please bring contact lenses or your own prescription mask if you have one
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before event.
We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 999 days or less before event.
Cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
Please be mindful of possible time zone differences. Iceland is in the GMT time zone and cancellations must be submitted at least 24 hours before departure in Icelandic local time (GMT).
If you do need to cancel your tour, we recommend that you contact us as soon as possible.